Learn Spanish in Quito
Close to the shopping mall of QuiCentro you will find the neighborhood where the Spanish school is located. We are located near the soccer fields of the park La Carolina (maybe a 5 minute walk) and are caddy corner to the mall El Jardin. The school is set up in a large house with classroom areas that are energy friendly well lit. There is also a social area and a kitchen for making food or heating yourself up with some tea or coffee, always ready to drink when you arrive. The school provides free internet and wi-fi connections so that you may sit on one of our several comfy couches, sip your tea and talk to friends back home. WE ARE RECOGNIZED BY THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND CULTURE OF ECUADOR, meaning you can apply for a student visa in your country. We will provide necessary documentation upon request and help answer any questions that you may have regarding how to obtain a student visa. The professors are very experienced, most having more than 10 years of experience teaching Spanish as a foreign language. They understand that you are learning and are ready and willing to show you just how fun and exciting Spanish can be! Never condescending, the teachers participate in all activities and are energetic and willing to accompany you if you want to explore the Historic Center or go see a movie in Spanish.
Starting date: Every Monday of the year
|Intensive Spanish Program||Every Monday||1 - 24 weeks|
|Group Spanish Lessons (2 - 4 students)||Every Monday||1 - 24 weeks|
|Quito Active||Every Monday||1 - 8 weeks|
|Medical Spanish||Every Monday||2 - 12 weeks|
|Learn Spanish and Volunteer||Every Monday||6 - 8 weeks|
|D.E.L.E Preparation||Every Monday||2 - 8 weeks|
|Online Spanish Lessons (Skype)||Any day (Mon - Fri)||Minimum 10 hours|
|Learn Spanish Exploring Ecuador||1st Monday of the month||4 - 8 weeks|
One-on-One Intensive Spanish (Private Spanish Lessons)
- 20-35 sessions/wk available with 55 minutes per session.
- Begins every Monday all year around
- A Placement Test will be given to assess the four skills of Spanish: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Teachers work with students based on their student’s Spanish level, particular/professional interest and personal pace of learning.
- Classes are comprised of formal instruction and activities and exercises such as reading aloud, watching movies, playing games or solely having conversations.
- Ask your teacher if you want extra help. They may be able to give you extra exercises or self help games that you can play.
- Minimum of one week.
Group Study (2-5 Students)
- 20-25 sessions/ wk available with 55 minutes per session
- Begins every Monday all year around
- A Placement Test will be given to assess the four skills of Spanish: reading, writing, listening and fspeaking.
- Group classes consist of UP TO 5 students per class.
- Caution: available classes depend on the number of students that study on the same level. Ask for more information.
- Depending on the students' level, group lessons consist of half formal class instruction and half the time to participate in educational activities and exercises that are oriented to the four language skills, reading, writing listening and speaking.
- Minimum of one week.
- If the class does not register the minimum number of students in your ability group, the lessons will be REPLACED with 15/20 hours of private lessons.
Medical Spanish Program
Too many lives are lost daily because because patients cannot communicate with
their doctors. Medical professionals all over the world are learning Spanish because
it is one of the most spoken languages in the world. With our Medical Spanish Program, you
will study medical terminology in private or group lessons and later, evaluated
on your skill level. The course is customized according to your interests and needs
allowing you to practice Spanish and medicine through observational rotations in local public hospitals and clinics. The Spanish school will do everything in their power to shape the experience according to the interests and specialties of its students. Rotations are generally 3-4 hrs., 3-5 days a week. Enhance your ability to practice medicine while you experience Ecuadorian medicine first hand. Culture yourself as you see the health system at work and learn about the issues in Ecuador. Email Manuel Bucheli at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Quito Active Program
Enjoy 30 - 35 hourrs of Spanish instruction while you explore the outdoors in and
surrounding the old-world city of Quito, Ecuador. Learn Spanish in the classroom, and have the opportunity to utilize it throughout a variety of excursions
and activities with the teacher.
Spanish and Volunteering
Learn about yourself and the world you live in as you immerse yourself in Spanish and work with people from around the world, volunteering with different non-profit organizations. Areas of interest include education, environmental conservation, health, social work. Students have the option to volunteer during the days that they will be receiving Spanish instruction or wait until they have completed the course. Volunteer positions
are assigned based on the student’s language skill and skills required to complete the work of the position.
Private or group lessons available.
- D.E.L.E. exam - Diploma De Espanol como Lengua Extranjera is in English, the Spanish as a Foreign Language Diploma.
- The course prepares the student to be evaluated according to the criteria of the University of Salamanca and the Instituto Cervantes of the Spanish Government and is universally recognized as the Spanish Language assessment test.
- The exam is required for any person planning to study in a Spanish university, work in a Spanish speaking company, or work for Spanish speaking organizations or government offices.
- Our program prepares the student to study the required material no matter what Spanish level they are currently on.
- Our resources include official D.E.L.E workbooks, exercises, cassettes, and example exams.
- Preparation program provides AT LEAST 2 practice exams which will be evaluated by the professors and discussed before the actual test date.
Spanish Online (Skype)
- If you are unable to travel to Ecuador, you want to get a jumpstart, or you just want to practise what you have already learned, we offer SKYPE classes online. You can learn about Latin culture and traditions as you have conversations over the internet with one of our experienced teachers.
- Video is optional.
- Private lessons available on all skill levels
- Previous experience not required.
- Customize the program to fit what you want: (conversational Spanish, survival Spanish, Spanish grammer focus)
- Schedules are very flexible!
Study Spanish while yCities include (in this order) Quito, Cuenca, Montanita and Manta.ou travel with your teacher to 4 of Ecuador’s most popular cities. Experience the diverse terrains of Ecuador as you visit areas of the coast and the sierras.
Program can start any Monday and a week will be spent in each city. The duration for this unique classroom is 4 weeks minimum.
Ask for more information to email@example.com